Commercial, Frequently Asked Questions
Imagine Your Business Without Power…
While more people have chosen a Generac standby generator more than any other brand, they didn’t all do so for the same reasons. What would your business miss during a power outage?
- Refrigeration/freezer—food spoilage
- Internet, cell phone chargers, tv—lose contact with the outside world
- Security system failure
- Lighting—inside and out
- Business Systems
- Charging power tools for use during the emergency and post outage cleanup
- Monetary loss from lost sales
- Production and product loss
- Furnace—frozen pipes, heat
- Air conditioning—mold growth, comfort
- Employee productivity
Features and Benefits
- Powerful low-speed, liquid cooled engine is engineered to run at only 1800 rpm for a substantially quieter generator, consuming less fuel and giving both the engine and alternator a longer life.
- Generac’s Nexus™ Controller is the most comprehensive available. The dual line, tri-lingual LCD display allows for easy monitoring and management of generator functions.
- Quiet-Test™ mode for a weekly self-test that runs quieter than other brands. Patented, programmable feature validates proper operation. Runs at lower RPM for reduced noise, less fuel consumption and fewer emissions.
- Standard aluminum, all-weather enclosure provides the ultimate protection from the elements. Aluminum’s corrosion resistance prolongs the life of your generator and is recommended for salt-air, coastal locations.
- Clean burning, continuous fuel choice of LP or natural gas.
- Neutral styling, color and small footprint fits unobtrusively into landscaping.
How Does It Work?
The generator system consists of a generator and transfer switch. The generator sits outside of your home or business just like an air conditioner, while the transfer switch is located next to the main breaker box, and in some cases replaces it entirely.
An automatic standby generator works by monitoring utility voltage 24/7. When your electricity is interrupted, the generator detects the problem and goes to work. The automatic transfer switch safely disconnects the utility line and transfers to the generator power. Power is simultaneously restored within seconds. Once the utility is restored, the generator returns to standby mode.
- #1 Consumer Choice
- The Only Engine Designed Specifically For Extended Generator Use
- Engineered and Built in the USA
- Smart, User Friendly Controls
- Quiet Operation
- Weather-Resistant Enclosure
- Utility Grade Power
- Option of Remotely Monitoring
- Easy Serviceability
See all comments