Using the Sun to Make Our Future Brighter
As a full-service solar integration and backup power energy consulting company, Solar Smart Living, LLC has the human and technical resources, the regional footprint, and the depth of know-how to help clients achieve success with their solar integration and backup power generation projects. Our years of experience in working with solar energy such as the Sonnen, a state-of-the-art battery technology, make us your number one choice for solar power systems. There is no better time to ensure your energy security than by working with Solar Smart Living.
We believe clients demand and deserve a completely satisfying solution for every solar energy project. Solar Smart Living differentiates itself through its commitment to exceeding our clients’ expectations in delivering their project on time and within budget. We specialize in sustainable and green building, renewable energy, and solar energy.
At Solar Smart Living, our vision centers on the belief of “Sustainable Energy Independence.” Our Mission is to provide our clients with “Eco-Friendly and Sustainable Solutions.” We always keep sustainability in mind and will optimize your project’s design with our vision and mission as a baseline for your project. Your project will be designed to optimize and meet your objectives. As a whole, we will provide you with an optimal financial solution.
We Serve the Doña Ana and El Paso Counties
Solar Smart Living is located in Santa Teresa, New Mexico. This location allows us to serve Southern New Mexico as well as West Texas including El Paso, Socorro, and Horizon City. This portion of the U.S. greatly benefits from the year-long sunshine and typically warm weather, making residential and commercial buildings a perfect candidate for solar panels.
Experience the Numerous Benefits of Solar Energy
The benefits of switching to solar energy are abundant! Imagine saving money while also helping the environment. Essentially, there are zero disadvantages when you consider how southern New Mexico and west Texas are the perfect landscapes for solar energy.
When you make the switch, you’ll be able to reap the following benefits:
- Help Our Environment. Contrary to traditional means of producing energy, solar power uses natural resources to create clean, renewable energy. It reduces the carbon footprint thus positively impacting the future of our planet. Every home or business who makes the switch severely impacts the ability for the world to limit the need for greenhouse gas emission and fossil fuels.
- Save Money. More sun equals more money. Given the extensive amount of sun this part of the country sees throughout the year, your potential to save is much greater. The savings on your monthly energy bill could easily be in the hundreds.
- Receive Incentives From the Government. In 2016, Congress extended the solar panel tax credit, which has made solar power more affordable and gives owners a big incentive. The federal solar tax credit or investment tax credit (ITC) allows home and business owners to deduct 30 percent of their cost of installation from their federal taxes. In 2017, the average saving was $5,000. The tax credit will remain at 30 percent until 2019.
- Increase the Value of Your Home. Today’s real estate trends show that many homebuyers are indeed willing to pay more for a home if it has solar panels. The tax incentives, monthly savings in energy bills, and the overall investment of these systems are what drive buyers to be more confident in the sale.
- Take Pleasure in Low Maintenance. A Solar Smart Living installed solar system requires no maintenance and there is no labor charge in the rare event that it did. With no moving parts, you can be secure knowing you won’t run into any major damage. Solar Smart Living will ensure your system is performing at its highest standards.
Requirements — How to Prepare for Solar Panels
The excitement of switching to solar should come with eagerness and curiosity. As you prepare to have solar panels installed by the professionals at Solar Smart Living, there are a few steps to take in order to have a smooth and efficient transition.
Here’s how to best prepare for the installation of solar panels:
- Evaluate your home or business’ energy needs. This is where we step in! First, we will request the latest copy of your electric bill. Then we will examine your home or commercial business’ use of energy. This includes all appliances, electronics, lighting, heating and cooling, and any other systems that require power. In doing so, you’ll have a better understanding of how much you’ll be reducing your use of electricity.
- Explore your location’s options for going solar. Most homes in the Southwest desert are ideal for solar panels but there could be exterior barriers that will need adjustment. This includes large trees or other outdoor objects that would prevent sunlight from hitting the top of the building’s roof. We will also need to explore whether your neighborhood or homeowner association has any restrictions on installation. Not to worry! We can help answer these and other questions.
- Does your roof support solar panels? If your roof is old or requires any maintenance, you’ll need to consider making those changes in order to safely support the installation of the panels. Don’t worry, we will get you competitive roofing quotes for you to review.
- Receive a permit and review other necessary documentation. As a licensed electrical contractor in Texas and New Mexico we will assess your home or business to make sure it meets the electrical code. Solar Smart Living will obtain all necessary documentation prior to the start of your project.
We are Engineers at Heart
Solar Smart Living is the only local Engineering, Procurement, and Construct (EPC) solar integration company who offers a wide spectrum of expertise, knowledge, and services across our business lines. As a solar energy company, we’ve formed strategic alliances with Roofing and HVAC businesses with exceptional expertise in their respective fields. These strategic alliances provide synergies that benefit our clients, allowing them to achieve their unique sustainability and financial goals.
Solar Smart Living is an insured engineering company who offers high-quality equipment and installation that is affordable for both commercial and residential clients. At Solar Smart Living, we are proud of our engineering background. We use engineering tools to design your solar system and integrate it to fully meet your needs. We offer financing, file permits, and a file for available incentives. Additionally, we’ll measure your system’s performance, providing you with information in an easy to understand format.
Engineering and technical resources matter most when it comes to solar power systems. At Solar Smart Living, we have the the engineering and technical resources available to support you on your next sustainable project. With North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certified Photovoltaic (PV) installers, certified Home Energy Rating System (HERS) raters, and electricians who are Generac generator certified, and specialize in installing Sonnen battery systems; the Solar Smart Living team is ready to work with you on your next sustainable project!
New Mexico Electrical Contractors License No. 361818
Texas Electrical Contractors License No. 27852
Take Advantage of Our Programs and Promotions
When you refer someone who decides to purchase a Solar Smart Living solar electric system, we will give you $250. You can take advantage of our Referral Rewards Program by filling out a form today.
We believe in making the purchase of your solar power systems as effortless as possible, which is why we offer a competitive financing plan. Most payment plans start under $50 and we offer a rate of 3.79% APR through Solar Loan Financing.
Contact Solar Smart Living
To begin working with the experts in solar power systems, give us a call! We can help answer your initial questions and guide you through the process. We have no doubt that once you make the switch to solar energy, you’ll begin appreciating the benefits of solar power. We look forward to being part of your journey in helping save the environment while putting money back in your wallet.